Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Forest Secrets: A Magical Mystery Novel

I know most people say "Don't judge a book buy it's cover!" but that is what I always do, when it comes to books that is. I have found that I am always drawn to books by the way their covers are designed. I have always been a visual person. I feel that the cover of a book is going to tell me more about the story, or give me an insight as to what the book is going to be about. Like for instance the cover of this book, Forest Secrets, I can tell that it is going to be a story about a girl who either trapped in a tree or is a tree. also from this cover I am guessing that it is going to be a book for younger teens. The only real reason I am saying that is the font. Its more playful them some.
So now getting into the story, It is about a young girl named Daisy who discovers that there are half-tree, half-human beings that live in an old forest. She meets a tree-human named Callandrai who can't find her parents, and she tries to help her find them. While searching they discover that the forest is being threatened and she has to save the forest and the tree-humans that live their and make sure that no one finds out about them.
As I had stated before, I had gone into this book knowing it was for a younger audience. I believe that if a 11 year old read this book they would love it, it has mystery, danger and a little magic in it, which is perfect for that age group! However, in this story there is random Spanish words thrown in, that most people don't know, so i'm sure a young kid would also not understand. It was a well written book that has a great story line to it!
If you would like to check it out here is the link: Forest Secrets
Thank you for reading!
-Kacey

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind words and the honest review! I really appreciate the feedback and will use your tips as I write in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words and the honest review! I really appreciate the feedback and will use your tips as I write in the future.

    ReplyDelete